Monday, December 21, 2009
WAC
Well, I decided to tap into another creative side of me....or so I thought....and take pottery class at the Willamett Art Center. It was a lot of fun but it was work, too! I have always enjoyed my ceramics and thought it would be fun to learn how to throw my own bowls. Which would be good if they actually had turned out to be bowls!!!
These are most of my creations during the 8 week course. We learned how to throow, make pinch pots, pour molds, glaze, and just create.
This is my favorite piece: it's a clay-mache that I stained and glazed. I am planning on making more of these for my garden area.
This is a little candy dish that has a creative glaze pattern. It my second piece that I threw on the wheel....we won't talk about the first piece!
I molded this dish and decided it would make a great bread plate. I embedded leaves into the clay and after it was fired, I painted it with low-fire glaze. A fun dish to make! I am really glad I took the class and maybe some day I'll try my hand at it again. But for now, my passion is really my photography and scrapbooking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh they turned out wonderful!! I think I like the mache pot and the yellow bread plate the best! I am still jealous you got to take the class, but so happy you did too!!
Post a Comment