In May, I flew out to DC to surprise Lauryn for her 8th birthday, which happened to be Mother's Day and the day she was being baptized. She had no idea I was coming! Ayden had found out before I arrived, but he kept the secret!!! It was a great way to spend Mother's Day weekend! A bittersweet one, though, because I knew it was the last time I would visit them there. I have loved my trips back to the east coast.......will really miss those adventues....

Baseball games were scheduled the entire weekend (well, not on Mother's Day) but Saturday was a triple header with all three kids playing. We managed to get to 2 of the games and then saw Meysa play on Monday! Loved it!!!
Papa Chip and Lauryn found balls in the underbrush.....
Then it was off to the playground!
Batter up! Ayden has gotten really good at this game; reminds me of when Ryan was that age! It will be fun to watch this young man grow up!
Meysa came into her own in this game. She had never even considered playing softball until this year and what a great little player she is!
My last day in DC was spent on the grounds of the Washington DC temple and visitor's center. It was a great experience and Aimee was so patient in answering all my questions! We spent several hours there. It is beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment