
We have clay soil (or as I call it, disgusting soil) so I have added a compost garden soil and prepared the bed. It's looking good!
The roses are in....5 in the front....and a climbing one on the side yard (which has not been finished yet!). The middle rose is Lynn's.
Down goes the weed barrier - I hate to weed, especially in the rain! - and on top is a mulched layer of bark dust. It's not so much dust as it would appear and is very splintery (if that's a word!). The next part of the project is to put the drip irrigation in. Then I can sit back and enjoy the blooms!
3 comments:
I bet it is going to look wonderful. We decided to put roses in our back bed instead of strawberries. I potted them in puts on the patio. Then I don't have to change them out of that bed and I get to have roses too.
I shouldn't type so early in the morning. I planted the strawberries in POTS not puts. I don't even know what those are!! heehee
looks great!
Post a Comment