Sunday, March 15, 2009

Well, butter my buns....

And call me a biscuit....(More on that whole subject later on). Our March date weekend was in Lincoln City. I surprised Greg with a trip to some fabulous restaurants, and an appointment with the glassblowers! We had a blast! So here are the pictures from our glassblowing:
I'm just starting with the first blob of molten glass. I had to keep turning it to cool it down and begin the shaping process for adding color.Adding the colors: blue, green and white Greg did the same thing as I did. He's tweezing his colors in (he chose pink and purple).Greg's done blowing his float - the colors aren't nearly set. They put them in a kiln overnight to get the colors to fire in.
The results! We will remember this experience for a very long time! So after the glass blowing, we hung out at Depoe Bay looking for a mat....more at the end of the story.....and we spent the afternoon just browsing the shops. It was very windy with winds gusting at 60 mph, and pelting rain, but we had fun running from shop to shop! Even bad weather on the beach is good day! We ended up at the Surftide Motel back in Lincoln City in a room with a fireplace and our private beachfront balcony.
Here's the view from our balcony.....very romantic!And now for the rest of the story......Greg found this mat last summer when we were whale watching with my sister and brother-in-law. Greg and Beth laughed about how we should buy it and have outside for when they come to visit! So.......while in Depoe Bay, we went from shop to shop (because of course, we couldn't remember which shop it was in!), and finally discovered it! So here it is (we like saying "Butter my buns" but I guess the original saying is as it says above!). These date weekends are way fun and I'm so thankful we are doing them!

1 comment:

Heitmann Family said...

so cool-I want to do it!!!! Glad you had a wonderful time!