Thursday, June 20, 2013

Done, oh so done!


 The day finally arrived for our last, final, no more, done, oh so done, marathon!  We decided to run the Newport Marathon 6 months ago....we asked ourselves "why" so many times but we are glad we did it!  Greg did awesome with a PR of 4:58:11 and I managed to stumble in at 5:26:38, which was my best time ever! 

 This bridge is iconic to Newport and we ran right by it on our way out to the bay area...3 miles into the race we left the oceanfront.

 BEFORE THE RACE! Our smiles weren't quite this big afterwards!
Sunset the night before...
The picture to the right of the rainbow is the reflection of the sunrise the day after the marathon.  We were lucky to have seen this. Not a common sight at all.
 Beach views from our hotel.

 It's all about the bling!  These are glass blown medals - really cool!
Our after picture...tired we are!

So...a little background of this picture!  We decided NO MORE MARATHONS after this one!  So I made a 26.2 + R.I.P. in the sand and laid down in front of it to symbolize it was time to say THE END!  Greg took this picture and then photo-enhanced it to look like grass.  It really is on the beach!
All I can say 2 weeks afterwards is:  done, oh so done.......or maybe not!!!


1 comment:

Heitmann Family said...

Good for you guys!! And Yeah for a blog post!! :)