Saturday, January 15, 2011

Resolutions


For those who follow this blog, I have taken a hiatus. Brief for me, longer for others (I had my sister say "get going again!!!") but am now ready to tackle my pictures and life story. I made a list of my resolutions to keep:

  • Set aside one night a week to work on my blog. This will include editing, eliminating (this will be a hard one for me!), and posting as I finish my pictures.

  • Read one night a week on Photoshop and complete a lesson (I have LOTS) each month.

  • Read one night a week and focus on one aspect of my new camera.

Now this might not sound like a lot but I am involved in my family happenings, a weekly bible study, running (well, that's on hold now too...but more on that in a future blog), and a women's philanthropic educational group (it supports young women in higher education endeavors).

It also means giving up TV; not that I watch a lot of it, but it really is not meaningful time for me to spend. And not spending so much time on the computer with social networking and emailing. I do spend a lot of my evening time websurfing, working puzzles, and chatting with friends. I love to keep in touch but am limiting that time to 2 hours/week! That's 1/2 hour per night on nights I'm not working on my blog/pictures/photography skills.

Whew! I'm committed to getting through this year and getting caught up on my "piles." So stay tuned. My desire is to do an update once a month to keep me honest and committed. Say prayers and think good thoughts, my friends and family! Here's to a great 2011!

No comments: