I do believe I need to be better about heeding my nudgings! A couple of days ago, I was working on updating my checkbook in Quicken and checked my email. In one of them was an article about backing up your computer's data with a company called Carbonite. I decided I should investigate it as I have over 6,000 pictures stored on my computer and external hard drive. Well, I didn't do that and continued to work on my documents. It wasn't but 20 minutes later and my entire screen became very pixelated and the computer shut down. I restarted in safe mode, discovered my files and pictures were still intact and sighed a big sigh of relief. I have told Greg in case of a fire, grab the hard drives, computer and dog and get out!!!!! I can replace everything else, but not my family or pictures. So having my pictures still on the computer has given me smiles :D.So off to Geek Squad I go - they now have my computer! It will be over 3 weeks before I get it back and I will have to reinstall ALL of my programs (maybe this will be my incentive for CS3!!) (Sorry Aimee, but I'm grieving!!! He, he!)
If I had backed up my stuff online, I would have only had my computer in the shop for about 2 weeks (guess it's not a simple fix for a video/graphics card replacement in a laptop!) and been back in business. Plus I wouldn't have had to pay $$$$ to have them pull the data off the hard drive before they opened it up.
Since I spend a considerable amount of my evenings on my computer with my photoshop program, I keep asking myself "Now what do I do???!!!!" Stay tuned!!
No comments:
Post a Comment