- I wanted to know where we were going (up until 2/18)
- He wouldn't tell (more on that later!)
- I told him okay, now I don't want to know and oh by the way, you get to pack for me AND if you pack the wrong clothes, you get to buy me more clothes (SCORE is what I'm thinking!)
mmmmm.......now that I know the entire story.....all I can do is just laugh! We are truly enjoying ourselves and our weekend getaways! I can't wait for March!
So on Wednesday 2/18, I asked Greg where we were going (for the last time). He said, "we're going to Mt. Rainier and doing some snowshoeing." At which I promptly replied "yea, right!"
Well.....it turns out he wasn't kidding! Greg had planned for us to go up to Mt. Rainier when we first decided to do these weekends....so he enlisted Beth and Bryan to help....now, this was clear back in December 2008! Way before I decided on January's getaway! So when I understood where we were going (and it wasn't until Friday night when we were headed down the final stretch to Beth and Bryan's that I believed him), I had a big laugh. Greg and I are so much alike in our thinking sometimes and this was one more example! Here are some pictures of our fabulously wonderful weekend!
Greg named this weekend Operation Klondike when he realized I had planned our January getaway up to Mt. Rainier. He, Beth and Bryan would converse and refer to his plans in the code name to keep me in the dark!
Yes it was Greg's idea first and I have to admit we had an even better time this weekend than in January. Beth and Bryan had their blocks with this phrase already on the mantle when we arrived! How they must have chuckled over keeping these secrets!
This is the place where we rent our snowshoes. In January, there was snow on the ground. It's all gone for now but more snow is predicted for the coming week.... 
The mountain was majestic and awesome. We were very blessed to have had such a glorious day!
We are dressed in fewer layers on this trip - it was quite warm (at least above freezing) and with the sun out, it was toasty at times!
This was one of the steep climbs we undertook. Greg is actually 1/2 way up the hill when he stopped and took pictures of us beginning the ascent. We snowshoed for 4 hours and were exhausted at the end of the trek. Great day it was!
2 comments:
To funny!! You guys are expert snowshoers now right!!!
I laughed right out loud! Too funny that it was a huge secret for so long! :)
Post a Comment