Sunday, December 2, 2007

This year Christmas will be different!

We decided to slow down this Christmas and not be so focused on "getting things done." I plan to spend this next month reflecting on what my life means to me, who I am and who I am called to be by God.
Here are the commitments I am making:
1. Spend more time together, just focusing on us. We aren't decorating this year as we are still working on the remodel project and just can't even begin to get out one more box!!!
2. Make a commitment to spend quality time with God every day. I have my weekly bible study but don't spend enough of every day seeking Him.
3. Pray daily for each member of my family: for health, wealth, and happiness.
4. Prioritize my work load and not spend so much of my time there. It's been so hectic that I've lost site of who I am supposed to be.
5. Take my dog for a walk every day; when it's bad weather, we can walk on the treadmill. I'll have to post some pictures of that. Rusty loves the treadmill.
6. Stay committed to working out as I prepare for my January half-marathon.
7. Don't forget to do 1 -5!!!

I am looking forward to this month - it will be different but hopefully, much more blessed!
I plan on posting how I am doing!

Merry Christmas, my friends!

1 comment:

Heitmann Family said...

Yeah I am already thinking about all the things that I could do better, must be getting in gear for those new years resolutions!!! Just so you know you are a great mom and grandmother. We are thankful for you!!